8.16.2007

The countdown is on.

Good people, you know how skeptical I am of this whole Geico Caveman Sitcom (ie. that its a fake) and I am starting to get all pumped up for the premier October 2nd, at 8pm on ABC. People, trust. This is going to be like the most elaborate version of Just for Laughs Gags. WHich is what I truly want to believe; but after viewing ABCs fall line-up, I have to say - Cavemen is looking a lot more believable by the minute. Here are a few other shows on ABC that I guarantee you, are not fakes:
- Cashmere Mafia (let me guess...Desperate Housewives meets The Sopranos)
- Samantha Who? (This sounds like a shitty Veronica Mars rip-off)
- Women's Murder Club ("..okay, here's the pitch: a group of desperately bored housewives start a book club, but then they accidentally kill someone! Then they have to kill more to cover it all up! But by day, they are still pearls-and-twinset housewives!"
"Johnson, you're a genius! That's nothing like Desperate Housewives! Greenlight it!")
- October Road (this probably has something to do with football/teenagers/the army/middle-America, or all of the above)
Anyways, what I am getting at here is that with all the other shit that ABC has green-lit, I really wouldn't put it past them to actually make a show out of a bunch of sort-of funny commercials. What do you think? Will Cavemen be this year's 30 Rock? (Oh God, I take it back - nothing can compare to the irresistable charm of Liz Lemon and Tracy Jordan!)

2 comments:

Jenn L said...

we should have a party on oct 2 for los cavemen

The third olsen sibling that no one talks about 'cause she's locked in the attic livin off fishheads said...

Hmmm...I don't know, I'm kind of curious in that "don't want to look at the dead body - but can't help but poke it with a stick" kind of way. Yeah, the Geico cavement idea was kind of funny for a commercial - but a whole show? Meh, it'll probably still be better than Grey's Anatomy. I'm sorry, but that show just makes me throw up a little in my mouth whenever I happen to see it.