12.27.2007

5 minutes with The Mayor

Welcome back! I certainly hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannuka, Krazy Kwanzaa, and a solemn and dignified Ramadan. I am sort-of back, but Christmas is always weird because you get like 2 days off, back to work for 2, 4 days off, back to work for 3, so this week will be a little off-kilter. My Christmas was great; no fruitcake and no unwanted pregnancies. I had a lot of fun with my 2 cousins (yep, I only have 2 1st cousins) and ate a shitload of cabbage. That's what you do when you are Polish: 8 kinds of cabbage and midnight mass. Thank 8lb 6oz Baby Jesus that we don't do midnight mass. We do A Christmas Story instead. But enough about that old chestnut. Now, my cousins showed me this video Christmas Day and made me wish I hadn't done my 2007 Best Of lists, because I love this more than Chongalicious. Ow, my heart broke a little saying that. Anyways, it is amazing. Maybe I am partial to Bollywood and Hindi-Pop (although I am as white as cocaine and Corn Pops) but this song is FUCKING GREAT.

I just wish I could find a clip of the Bollywood movie Apu watches when he lives with the Simpsons (la la la la la, I'm in love with lovely Johnny)

No comments: