1.23.2008

I'm holding another contest!

Well, sort of. I had a great time holding the Trauma-Rama contest of yore. What the hell does that even mean? Anyways, I think it is time again for an awesome contest. This time, we are all winners! Now, before you go thinking this contest is on par with a certain Olympic games (some Special Olympic games, if you will) allow me to explain. The drawing above has to do with what this is about. I will pick a quote or theme, and you will illustrate it. Now, don't go thinking this is just for people who are great illustrators. As an artist myself, I LOVE seeing people who can't draw try to draw something. It is just so honest and usually very funny. Now, no one will win per se, but I will post my favourites. And by favourites, I will try to post all of them. Why not, they will probably rock and everyone should see how talented you are. You can use the following things: paper, scissors, paint, paper, glue, fabric, metal, macaroni, pipe-cleaners, pom-poms, stamps, feces, hair, DNA (your choice!), cookies and candies, and tinfoil. Basically, whatever your imagination tells you to do. Also, just for posterity's sake, let's keep it somewhere in the neighborhood of 5x7 or smaller, shall we? Remember people, this is a greta time to show off your skills (or show off your tremendous lack of motor skills). Okay, so here is what I would like you to draw:
Things which are not people but which have the qualities of people. IE: Anthropomorphasization. I am almost positive I didn't spell that shit right, but you know what I mean. Toasters with eyes and Blenders getting their periods and stuff.
OR
The Douchebaggery that is American Apparel.
Anyways, I know you can do this. But now how do you get it to me? Well, that's easy! Mail all your shit to:

The Mayor
10-117 Old Forest Hill Rd.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5P 2R8

Alright, so are we ready? Do this asap as I can't wait to see what you all submit! Bonne Chance!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So basically you want someone to give you new ideas for the front cover of an "Animorph" book? Are you 12 years old and work for katherine applegate?

deadeye-davi / uncle jesse said...

Menstruating blenders are a far cry from The Animorphs series...

The Mayor said...

Also, Animorphs were about youth who could turn into animals. And it was GAY AS SHIT. This is much better. Also, yeah, I don’t remember any Animorphs book about menstruation. Also also, I gave you the option of American Apparel too.

Anonymous said...

Shit is gay!!!!! When did this happen?

Anonymous said...

What happened to Ginger Tuesday/Wednesday?

Anonymous said...

this was posted on janurary 23rd, major. it is no longer a new contest. has anyone submitted yet?