2.12.2008

Be Kind, Rewind, I'm Pumped!

Okay, so remember last week when I had all those clips of movies that I was pretty hyped-up about seeing? Well, I was saving one special film for its own seperate post. You have one week and 3 days to build up your bladder muscles, cause there is a good chance you are gonna pee yourself next Friday when Be Kind, Rewind comes out. If you haven't seen the trailer yet (which you can, at the Alliace Films site) or haven't checked it out on IMDB or Wikipedia, then I'll give you the gist. Jack Black and Mos Def own a video store and Jack Black accidentally erases all the movies from the tapes (he is magnetic - don't question it) so he and Mos Def decide to make their own movies. Like the re-do Ghostbusters and Robocop and shit. But it is all really poorly done and the acting is terrible. But if you need any more reason to go and see it, two words; Michel Gondry. That's right, the man who brought us Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and...uh...Block Party (the movie or the band? Uh...both). Also, there's this...Jack Black and Mos Def remaking Driving Miss Daisy, which may be the cutest thing since the time I shit out a family of kittens into a pile of cupcakes. I love that Mos Def is covered in freckly zitty spots, too. Morgan Freeman always grosses me out with that; it's like, get some Proactive, homesquirrel. What is that on his face? I'm sure it's not acne. Are they millions of skintags? Skintags are SO GROSS!! Anyways, Be Kind, Rewind is going to be Totally Terrific! I urge you to check it out - or you could just watch School of Rock a couple of times and throw in the episodes of The Boondocks where Mos Def plays Gangstalicious, but I doubt it will fill the void.
Anyways, for more information, check out the Be Kind, Rewind site.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are freckles on his face you stupeedo!

Jenn L said...

obvies that movie is going to kill!

Robert Campbell said...

No Skip-Raid has a point here, I have heard that Morgan Freeman adds and subtracts 'freckles' depending on the movie (he added for Shawshank and removed for the one where he played God... ) Maybe Mos Def is following suite.

cohnsey said...

I just saw the pick of destiny. I love jb!