3.31.2008

My Hobbies

Of course you get a little post today. Now, I love baking, and I really love decorating and icing shit. At work we had a Secret Santa over the holiday season (yeah...the one from 4 months ago?) and the person who pulled my name obviously had Satan on their side, cause here it is April 1st, and they are FINALLY getting their Christmas present. Anyways, our presents had to be less than $10, which is pretty bogus - buying something is next to impossible, and making a present is always tricky. You never really know if the recipient will enjoy their homemade present. One thing I know people always like are my sugar cookies. They are just sweet enough to distinguish themselves from gag-out shortbread and not so sweet that you feel the Type 2 creeping up in your throat. I decided to make two kinds for my recipient (her name is Angela). I like dipping cookies in chocolate because it is easy but looks really classy. This is some Donald Trump shit right here. Its nice too, cause some people like chocolate; but I refuse to pander to people who like choco-choco-chip cookies. Ew - Soccer Mom cookies.I really love icing cookies. I am not really one for cutting out shapes; they always end up looking a little strange to me. The first ones are cute, but then your hand gets really tired from holding that piping bag and all the characters and shapes start to look like they're melting. Circles and squiggles are the easiest and they always look cute.
Anyways, I also do cupcakes and cakes. So, if you got a Bar Mitzvah coming up or you are just a food-hungry maniac, gimme a call.

14 comments:

Mrs. Gingersnap said...

What?! No croquembouche????

I have eaten this patissier's cookies....they are the BEST!!

Nancy said...

Hi ,
I found your site by google-ing "icing cookies" and I think they look devine!
Would you be interested in making me some really nice pink ones, similar to the ones on your site for my daughter's sweet sixteen?
You can call me at 416 775 2354, my name is Nancy
Thank you!

mary said...

Nancy told me about this site, I love them! I'll takethe dipped, do you do them in white chocolate?

ann mae choi said...

I rikey the chocorate dripp ones. they make me wan them in my mouth. you take rong time to bake?

Rita said...

I need 600 of your oatmeal bran muffins for my church bake sale. I am assuming you go this message and are baking them. I will be by your house on April 7th. Please leave them outside of your builidng wrapped in tin foil INDIVIDUALLY!

distinguished japanese business consultant said...

You need business paht-nah?
I make you the all the cash you wan!
We make mirrions! MIRRIONS!

Kitty said...

I'm hosting a funky bacholorette party, can you do penis shaped cookies? THX!

Cathy G. said...

Dear Baker
I must say, these are the most exquisite cookies I have ever seen. I. Love. Cookies. I have a really bad relationship with sugar; I can't get enough and he never calls! If food was a person I'd belive he was writing your blog and asking me if I wanted 2 dozen lemon drop macroons. To which I'd reply, "SHWING!" No, I'd more or less agree and eat quietly and quickly while driving on the 401 back home.

Trish said...

How many cals per cookies?

Svettelana said...

I am a single mother working two jobs and I have barely enough time (or money) to put food on the table. Can you do pro bono work?

Sharnay said...

Hey gurl, well I'm assuming ur a gurl. Can u make pasta too? I need my wedding party fed, with 67 guests. Neways, I'm in a bit of a jam and I need u to help a sista out.
They like spagedi.

Liz said...

Do you host birthday parties? I need someone to entertain my small child's 5th birthday on April 21st. I will pick you up at 5 and you will be free to leave after 12am. What will these children be doing at 12am? Sleeping. I will need you to bbbj my husband.
Xtra tips for Greek.

trevor said...

can you bake a batch of "brownies" for me this friday night? i'll send my mom over to pick them up after school.

alex davey illustrations said...

trevor you're setting yourself up for a pan of poo.