8.07.2008

The Mix-Raid

Get it? It's a play on mixtape. Oh, fuck off; it's still summer, I get to make as many shit jokes as I want. Anyways, listen up turds - I am home from Montreal now. Back in the Big Sleazy. The Turd Sandwich. Makin' Ice-T. Riding the Milwaukee Sweat-stain...what, what was I talking about again? Oh yeah, I'm back in Toronto, and with that comes plenty of reflection on last month's adventures in Quebec. Or as I like to call it, Montreal Madness!! I tried to think of something wittier, but all I could come up with was The Montreal Molestation (I'm trying to take a break on Touched By An Uncle jokes...aw, who am I kidding. T'BAU jokes are my bread and butter) or Montreal Murder Trial, which seemed a little too close to Manitoba Murder Trial, and quite frankly I have too many strikes against me when it comes to pissing off God.

But moving on, I think I can sum up my month with music. Oh shit, that sounded so gay!

Santogold - L.E.S. Artistes
I listened to so much Santogold in July, and my only regret is not giving her a chance sooner. Normally if I hear that a new artist has been mentioned on Perez Hilton, I brush them off as music for midwest sorority skanks. Wow, was I ever wrong. Good music is back people. Oh, just a sec...if Fergie still alive? Yes? Okay, then let me rephrase that: Music is starting to climb out of the abyss of ear-raping.


Girl Talk - Feed the Animals
Over the past 30 days, I have listened to Feed the Animals, in its entirety, more than 80 times (2:26 is for Lauren).


Flight of the Conchords
I feel like such a dope posting this, but...back in June I had never seen HBO's Flight of the Conchords. Yep. I'm a loser. My friend Ilana showed me a song or two from YouTube, but other than that I was very clueless about the show. Then my new friend Stephanie loaned me the DVD and opened my eyes to the magical world of Bret and Jemaine. It was so hard to pick a decent clip, because they are all so good, but this one is very sweet and features Murray. Also, the B&W photocopies part kills me; I am so glad I am not blind. And will someone please get on the horn and tell Jemaine I would let him space dock me?


Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack
Whenever I would get sad or depressed, my friend would put on Return of the Mack and when the chorus comes on she would sing return of the merkin.


Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! - Carol and her Boss sketch
I have found that you get a better response from people if instead of saying "I like that" you say "you are getting me rock hard".

7 comments:

ilana said...

Hey Gingerballs, what are you on your way to a dick meeting?

Jenn L said...

i love return of the mack.

The Mayor said...

Look, I think we can all agree that Return of the Mack is a sick fucking jam.

Anonymous said...

Tim and Eric...not funny.

Alice said...

As if...Tim and Eric not funny???
I demand that you come up with something funnier than the Poop Tube skit. You cannot.

The Mayor said...

Tim and Eric is the best show on television. PERIOD. You need to give it a chance - maybe turn off Mind of Mencia once and a while, or maybe stop renting every season of Family Guy.

Jenn L said...

tim and eric is the stuff dreams are made of.