10.19.2008

"You ever had a Rolling Brown-Out?"

This weekend I broke a $20 and, against all my better judgment, went to see Sex Drive. Don't get me wrong - I wanted to see it, and I desperately wanted to prove the critics wrong (the same critics who called this one of the shittiest teen movies of the year). So was it good? Hells to the yes, it was good - it was effing great! Sex Drive was hilarious. Clark Duke is adorable (but we already knew that), Seth Green is amazing (again, we already knew that), and the best part of Sex Drive?James Marsden as Rex. Oh. My. God. I have such an intense crush on James Marsden now. I thought he was okay on X-Men. He won me over more in Hairspray. He started to get terrific in Enchanted. He even made crum-bum shitshow 27 Dresses tolerable. And after playing a dirtbag loser who still lives with his parents in Sex Drive, I am sold. He is hilarious and hot and a great actor.

Anyways, I guess if I had to give it a rating, I would give it a thumbs up. Or, I dunno, do you like stars? 4 Stars I guess? Anyways, tune in Tuesday when I have an exciting little announcement.

4 comments:

alex davey illustrations said...

I saw Sex Drive tonight and it was horrible. Some funny parts but not enough to keep me from rolling my eyes everytime they had a "moment"...
Lame lame lame.
I am questioning your humour.

"The Mayor is the rudest person I have ever met. I mean, read." said...

Oh Oh! Don't get me wrong - there are way too many "moments" in that movie, btu I would say over-all it was really funny. But horrible? Really? I would not classify that as horrible.

Anonymous said...

If you really want some funny stuff, chek out the Unrated version on DVD
Now THAT was HILLARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

the unrated version was absolute horse shit. nothing about it was funny. they just dubbed over the original lines with terribly un funny vulgar lines. and what was up with ramdon naked people being superimposed over the original picture....so lame. the original theatrical cut was awesome though