4.01.2009

Cats are fucking assholes.

First, let me say this - I am ashamed that my Mother knows more about awesome YouTube videos than I do. Everytime I talk to her, it's like
"Have you seen ____? Have you seen ____? Well, you must have seen __!" and everytime it's like "No, no, and no. Pls to send me the links". It's gotten so bad that my own Mother reads Dlisted before The Skip-Raid in the morning. FOR SHAME! Although if I did have a brother, I would love for it to be Michael K. Anyways, last night's conversation with my mother ended in her asking me about a few YouTube videos she had seen. The first is this ad that Mickey Rourke did for PETA. It was filmed before the untimely death of Loki (the brown one) but I think that this is a sweet little tribute to her. Also in it - Jaws, my new favourite. Look at his little blind eyes! He's just like Scott from American Idol!

And in case you want a new wallpaper for your phone, I suggest you hop on over to Dlisted, where Michael K has posted some ADORABLE pictures of Jaws and Randy the Ram at LAX this week. WHY IS THIS MAN NOT MARRIED?!?! I would marry his craggy, busted face in a heartbeat if it meant I could snuggle those little cheea-hooa-hooas all day long.

Okay, the next is a tribute video (sort of). I'm sure that you've seen the amazing Skidboot on Oprah or Letterman (Letterman LOVES Skidboot), but in case you haven't, here is the jist. Skidboot is an Australian cattle dog who lives on a farm with his owner and his owner's wife. Skidboot started hanging around his owner all the time and eventually started to accept training from him. Obviously, we're not talking sit and stay here, people - that's not newsworthy. Skidboot understands English, does his owner's bidding, answers the phone, takes a shit in the toilet (probably) files the income taxes (I wouldn't be surprised). Anywhoo, God and Jesus acted like big pussies and took Skidboot away from us, aka HE DEAD. Is it too much to ask that Skidboot live 4x as long as the average dog? Really? Does that put too much of a cramp in your ass, God?

So now Skidboot is in heaven, fetching balls for Jimi Hendrix and Abe Lincoln. If you want to see something that is beyond adorable, please check out the Skidboot Website. And if you want a good cry, please read the memorial his owner wrote about him on the home page:

Skidboot is at rest, the bell of time having made its inevitable toll. What a wonderful life of fourteen years he lived! Never has a last minute, second thought Christmas gift ever shone so brightly as Skidboot. On Sunday evening, March 25, 2007, Skidboot was laid to rest beneath an oak tree on the ranch to which he contributed greatly in building. David and Barbara request that Skidboot be remembered by a donation to your local animal shelter in Skidboot’s name.

I also checked out the shop section and there is a VHS called Skidboot: Making Friends. AWWWWWW!!! My heart is so warm right now it could make cold coffee turn lukewarm. Please YouTube and Google "Skidboot" and have a great morning, friends.

1 comment:

Fester said...

Skidboot is fetching balls for Jimi Hendrix and Abe Lincoln??? WTF?
Get real......
he's hangin with Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, The Littlest Hobo, and Ole Yeller!!
And he's havin a great time!