4.29.2009

If you're going to be in the Toronto area and would like to attend a taping of The Skip-Raid

So today is Wednesday, which means a couple of things. Firstly, tomorrow's ANTM post ship will be helmed soley by Ty. I, The Mayor, will be attending a book reading by This American Life and WireTap's Jonathan Goldstein for his newest book Ladies and Gentlemen, The Bible!* I may or may not have also scored an interview with him. It clearly didn't have anything to do with my massive internet celebrity or anything, whatever. It's not like I have a line-up of amazing interviews coming up in May, which I would love to tell you about, but they are pretty hush-hush and I wouldn't want to spoil the awesome surprises. Again, it's just luck that big-time A-listers want to talk to moi. Whatever.

Anyways, if you live in Toronto and have nothing to do this evening (or even if you have something to do, just ditch, k?) then you should see Jonathan Goldstein this evening at:
This is not a reading series with Jonathan Goldstein and improv by Monkey Toast**
The Rivoli, 332 Queen St. West
7:30pm $5
*Just like every book review/author interview I do, I always read the book. This is very very funny. I would encourage you to buy it, but I think your $5 also gets you a free copy. I now feel like a schmuck for spending $20.
**This could either be really funny or really terrible, and if my memory serves me correctly, improv = terrible.

Next, there isn't really a post today because I have been as busy as a Japanese beaver. I'm in the midst of a quarter-life crisis (FUN) and a massive Strangers with Candy marathon (JELLINECK!!) I'm sorry, I know how lazy I have been as of late. Yesterday you get pictures of a cut-up finger, and today you get me prattling on about a book reading. I thought I'd make it up to you by drawing rainbows coming out of people's faces. Enjoy! Don't say I don't ever give you nothing!




1 comment:

Tina said...

I love Strangers with Candy! I was reading "I Like You" last night too.

- Tina