6.21.2011

A Note About Canada Post

This is an open post directed to all persons who should be receiving a Canadian Thank-You package from myself in the mail (you know who you are. And if you don't, then you should have sent me more Peeps, ya doink). Anyways, in Canada we have a postal system very similar to the US (Except where your logo is a tough-ass Eagle, ours is a quickly moving letter. Not as cool). Last week (or the week before, I've lost count) Canada Post went on strike. The US Postal Service has "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" and we have "We're thinking about delivering your mail. We're going to try for tomorrow, is that cool with you guys?"
Look, I don't pretend to know anything about unions or labour laws or anything, but I would really like the post office to deliver my magazines again. Also I think I may have a GST cheque coming soon and that would be nice to have as well. So what I'm getting at is that if you are expecting a package from me, you will be receiving it soon..ish. I mean, they're all in my house right now with mailing labels on them and they're awesome and everything, but you may not get them for a while. I know, I know, you've waited since Easter. I hear you. But trust me - waiting will be worth it!

Sincerely,
The Mayor

1 comment:

Abby said...

Holy crap, that wasn't the box I sent you, was it? UPS is totally on my S-list!!!