12.19.2011

The Best of 2011: Movies

This year I saw a lot of bloated garbage. Truth be told, I enjoyed a lot more old movies this year than I did new ones. I don't know why; movies sucked this year maybe? I don't know. Anyways, long story short, I saw 4 movies this year that I actually liked. Here's a breakdown of them in about 1 or 2 sentences:

Bridesmaids
At first I hated it. Then I talked to people and realized I was stupid. It's pretty good, right? Melissa McCarthy is the best.

Martha Marcy May Marlene
I love cults. I love movies about cults. I love this movie.

The Muppets
Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I smiled the whole time I watched it. Everything about The Muppets was charming.

Cedar Rapids
There is no movie this year I quoted more, re-watched more, and wished I'd owned on DVD more than Cedar Rapids. I love this movie. I want to watch it tonight again.

Movies I still want to see:
Tabloid, Into the Abyss, Terri, Win Win, and maybe if I get around to it, I'll eventually see Drive.

No comments: